What does the figure of the child
Abstraction year-old kid with time become real images: lines, dots, dashes, he goes to the spirals and circles, finally, to three years the object of close attention and study is becoming.
Three year olds often paint people in the form of “bubbles” with the legs, where the head and body United in one oval. To four years the little artist depicts the figures of people more than proportionally: in the form of two ovals with handles and legs like sticks. In figures five-year olds appear head, eyes, torso, arms, legs. In the six years to the above mentioned items are added nose, mouth, fingers – their number does not matter. To seven years of not overlooked such details of human image like neck, hair (or hat), clothing (often in schematic form), and the hands and feet are depicted by double lines.
So, from what positions can analyze a picture of your kid?
The colors that he chooses
The prevalence of any color in pictures can speak not only about the features of character, his temperament, but also about what the child needs, fears and dreams.
Yellow – positive emotions, spontaneity, curiosity, optimism. Children who choose this color – creative nature, are optimists, but little accustomed to the order and not capable of making decisions.
Red – willpower, eccentricity, thrust outward, aggression, hyperactivity, anxiety. Like action games, quite naughty, restless, open to everything new. For such children is very important praise.
Green – balance, independence, perseverance, stubbornness, a desire for security. Green often appears in the drawings of children who lack motherly love. Such children are usually closed, too conservative – I don’t like even small changes (e.g. in the interior of the nursery).
Purple – imagination, intuition, emotional and intellectual immaturity. Children who choose this color are very artistic, but also very sensitive. Any parent dissatisfaction with their badly hurt.
Brown – sensual reliance sensations, sluggishness, physical discomfort or negative emotions. Brown begins to dominate in the drawings, if the baby is sick, he is uncomfortable.
Black – depression, protest, destruction, the urgent need for change. Black itself is dark in color but be afraid that your child draws
As he draws his family?
Compare the actual composition of the family with a picture – if the picture is missing one of your family members, then most likely some kind of emotional experience (not necessarily deep) associated with this person, influenced the young artist and he temporarily “forgot”. Sometimes Vice versa: a child draws a non-existent brother, sister – this suggests that he lacks attention, socializing with peers.
Estimate the size of the pieces on the sheet and their placement is usually the largest depicts a child of the family member, which in his understanding is the chief; he himself draws near to those who are more attached. Accordingly, the most remote from the center and small figures of the least cute for kid members of the family, this is also indicated by drawing a shape in profile, back. Placing shapes in relation to each other: the distance between them, painted walls and separate rooms indicate unfavorable climate in the family and problems in communication. Alarming signal is not the image of himself on the picture it says about the isolation of the child, his emotional isolation.
The features of his picture
* The large number of additional parts, items of the suit speaks of the desire of the child to be seen, his behavior “on display”.
* Biasedness of the picture from center to edge of the sheet, too small images of the figures indicates the uncertainty of the baby, his weaknesses, and support needs of adults.
* Constant self-correction, the presence of a large number of lines of the figure – increased level of anxiety of the baby.
* The presence of figures figure exaggeratedly large eyes, shaded pupils, rather, say that the child feels fear.
* An emphasis on the symbols of aggression: large fists, weapons drawn large teeth, nails, testifies to the defensive form of behaviour. The task of adults to understand the reason for such behaviours.
* Bold, clear lines indicate the confidence, the psychological comfort of the child; winding the thin lines are saying about gentle nature; straight lines, sharp angles draw children with strong-willed character traits.